Principality of the Northern Forests Constitution of 2020
Honourary Consular Corps
Diplomatic Relations Info
Official Principality Holidays
The Principality of the Northern Forests is a free and Sovereign Principality. Currently the Princess of the Northern Forests rules as the hereditary Monarch with the aide of the Folketinget. The first Constitution of the Principality of the Northern Forests was drafted and signed by the Princess of the Northern Forests on 01 January 2020 outlining legislative, judicial, and executive branches of government. Since the country is small and sparsely populated, there is generally no need for multiple "Departments" or "Ministries" as one would see in larger countries. Most matters of State can be handled by the Royal Household or the Folketinget respectively. The current constitution (without signatures) can be downloaded using the button above.
The Princely family is the executive branch of government with the Princess of the Northern Forests being head of the Princely family.
All law enforcement activities fall under the executive branch of government and is administered in the Princess's name by her Royal Guards whom answer solely to the Princess.
Legislative & Judicial Branches
Both legislative and judicial matters are handled by the "Folketinget." The Folketinget is synonymous with the "Ting" which is composed of the hereditary Nobility of the Principality and presided over by the Lawspeaker. The Lawspeaker is appointed by the Princess. The Folketinget handles disputes, law violations, and any other legislative or judicial matters that needs to be addressed. However, and worth noting here, the Princess is the final arbitrator on all judicial, as well as, legislative matters.
Northerners tend to be more liberal due to Our alignment with old Norse spiritual beliefs. The Principality rules on the notion of equality before the law and human rights for all its subjects. With that in consideration, all politician parties are banned in the Principality as they serve no real purpose.
The Principality of the Northern Forests is divided into multiple political subdivisions. There is 1 Grand Duchy and 4 Duchies, 6 Counties, 12 Baronies and 24 Manorial Lordships. The Duchies comprise actual land holdings while the smaller political units are generally small plots land or incorporeal herediments.
For example, a Principality Countess is a vassal holding a heritable fief called a County, comprising a specific portion of land, granted by the Princess of the Northern Forests in return for allegiance and service. However, the vast majority of Counties, Baronies and Manorial Lordships in the Principality of the Northern Forests are held as a rank of nobility, without any attachment to a fief, but still requiring allegiance and service.
All of these Nobles make up the legislative and judicial body of government commonly referred to as the Folketinget. Many nobles are also Knights and serve as Honourary Consulars. When a Court of Law is convened, the Princess or Grand Duchess generally appoints Manorial Lords and/or Baronesses/Barons to be Judges which tends to fall in the realm of historical tradition in many countries.
Duties, privilege's, and responsibilities for any given rank is at the sole discretion of the Princess of the Northern Forests. Speaking very generally, Duchesses and Dukes assist in managing the Principality as a whole, Countesses and Counts tend to be commanding officers in the Royal Guards, Baronesses and Barons tend to be merely Incorporeal Herediments, and Manorial Lords tend to deal with the day to day managing of the farms.
However, the historical medieval command structure is still in place in the Principality of the Northern Forests, but is heavily restricted. Thus, for example, a Duchess can take over an investigation lead by a Countess and a Baroness can command a Manorial Lord to do some important task that needs to be done. This type of feudal command structure only applies inside the Principality of the Northern Forests Borders and/or with members of the Princess's Hird.
The Duchy of Sitchensis Coat of Arms
The Duchy of Saccharinum Coat of Arms
The Duchy of Pineland Coat of Arms
IMPORTANT WARNINGS: ACTIVITIES NOT RECOGNIZED BY THE PRINCIPALITY
The Government of the Principality of the Northern Forests warns the readers to pay particular attention to the following:
1) Only the person of HRH Princess Cedrus of the Northern Forests or the Grand Duchess may issue documents valid for the Authorities of the Principality. The possession of documents that are not approved and registered by the Principality of the Northern Forests are completely false and a fraud.
2) Only HRH Princess Cedrus of the Northern Forests may grant any titles of Nobility or knighthoods. No other person, organization, or entity has any authority to do such in the Princess's absence - none.
3) Only HRH Princess Cedrus of the Northern Forests or a member of the Royal Family may appoint people to become Foreign Representatives of the Principality - such as honouary consulars.
4) Only the Royal Treasury may authorize the issuance of money which has to be backed by silver. All coinage in the Principality is made of pure silver or copper. There is no paper money.
5) The Principality of the Northern forests does not authorize any other website that is not listed here on this official webpage. Any such creations are fraudulent and fake.
(6) The only valid and authorized e-mail address coming from the Principality of the Northern Forests have the @nordligeskove.info designation. The most common one is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other e-mail addresses not ending in @nordligeskove.info are fraudulent and not authorized by the Principality of the Northern Forests.